Steamed Chicken Momos for chicken lovers


Momos / dumplings are  delicious appetizer which is cooked by boiling, steaming, baking as well as frying. In all the ways these are tasty. These can be filled with any minced meat and it can also be made with vegetables.



At first when my cousin bought this and I didn’t like the taste and these were a strict no to me, but one day when my SIL got an idea of making momos with the left over chicken (she is a great fan of these cute dumplings), I was first hesitant to make, but later we both got into the mission and in the first attempt it came out well and then I realised that its so easy to make (we tried it out from a book long back). Now these are my favorite appetizers and when ever we visit a Chinese eatery, I order these first :)

The dough is shaped into small circular flat pieces and after filling is placed, it is enclosed either in a round shape or in the shape of a half moon. I don't know whether the one which I made are called as momos as I shaped them in the form of gujjiya (sorry for that as I couldn’t get the perfect shape), but the taste was the same as the restaurant one :)



Ingredients:
  1. Chicken (boiled and minced)- 250gms
  2. Onions (chopped)- 2nos
  3. Green Chillies (chopped)- 2nos
  4. Ginger and garlic paste- 1tbsp
  5. Soya Sauce- 1tsp
  6. Salt- as per taste
  7. Maida / All purpose flour- 2cups
  8. Oil- 1tbsp

Method:
  1. Combine the maida and salt with sufficient amount of water and knead into a soft dough and keep it aside.
  2. Combine the minced chicken, onions, green chillies, ginger- garlic paste, soya sauce and salt in a bowl.
  3. Divide the dough into small balls and roll out each ball thinly.
  4. Place 1tbsp of the chicken filling in the middle of the rolled out dough and bring all the edges together and pinch and twist the pleats to ensure that the momo is closed tightly.
  5. Steam in a steamer for about 20 minutes.  As I don't have momo steamer I made this in idli steamer.
  6. Serve these with tomato- garlic sauce.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian portobello 'Babi Pangang' Recipe

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar Recipe

Pani Puri with Homemade Puris