Baingan Bhaja / Begun Bhaja / Eggplant fry

My dear friend once told me about an easy dish, which can be made within minutes and which is very tasty and delicious. It is a daily struggle in my house about what to cook for lunch and dinner. I ask my Husband and he is like what ever you make I will eat. Some days i even call my mom and my MIL to suggest some dishes. . :)



It is very difficult for me to decide, so one day when my friend called me she told me about this simple yet tasty dish. But as brinjal is a big NO to my Husband (he is a bit choosy about veggies) it was not there in my house. The next time I remembered to buy eggplant when I bought veggies, so that I could try this amazing dish and you can see the result.




This is a classic Bengali delicacy, served as part of traditional wedding feast. This can even be ate as a snack. In this dish, the brinjal pieces are mixed with all the spices and shallow fried. This is done within seconds and will be enjoyed by all.

Ingredients:

  1. Eggplant- 1no
  2. Red Chilli Powder- 2 tsp
  3. Garlic(chopped)- 3 nos
  4. Salt- as per taste
  5. Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
  6. Oil- 2 tbsp
Method:
  1. Wash and cut the brinjal into thick round slices.
  2. Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl by adding little water and make a smooth paste.
  3. Rub the brinjal slices with the above paste and shallow fry each side till they turn golden brown.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian portobello 'Babi Pangang' Recipe

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar Recipe

Pani Puri with Homemade Puris