Fish soup

The trick here is to come prepared. Each time I buy a whole fish I keep the head and the bones in the freezer for a while. Then comes the day I like to serve some nice fat grilled gamba's, with garlic, parsley and olive-oil. The guests peel the gamba's themselves and I keep everything they leave on their plate. Take the frozen fish bits from the freezer. Bring 2 liters of water to the boil and add the fish and ganba bits, with some onions, celerystalks, carrots, bay leaf, thyme and crushed peppercorns. An hour later I take everything out and strain the fishstock trough a sieve and reduce it till only a 1/2 liter is left. Which gets in the freezer.

The moment we expect guests I buy 12 big juicy Spanish mussels, a handfull of vongole, some salmon and 4 gamba's. Plus my secret ingredient: a jar of 'Soupe de Homard a la Bretagne'.
Readymade lobstersoup, yes. But which still need my concentrated fish stock to become perfect. So I combine the two an heat them up slowly. I steam the mussels and vongole. Fry the gamba's and cut the fresh salmon.
The salmon cubes go raw in the plates and will be
slightly cooked when I pour over the soup.
The mussels and vongole follow as do the prawns.
Served with bread and a very garlicky rouille
(which comes for free with de Soupe).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian portobello 'Babi Pangang' Recipe

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar Recipe

Pani Puri with Homemade Puris