Microwave Turkish Delight- a soft and scented delicacy...

This is a traditional sweet of middle east. I tasted this for the first time at K.C Das and I got attracted to the light pink coloured fragrant square cubes, that I wanted to see how it tastes. They are so delicate, light and scented with rose water.



Ever since I tasted this, I wanted to try this out and was searching for cream of tartar. This cream of tartar is an acid, which ensures that the baked goods are well rised. At last I got it and then I was waiting for an occasion to make this (just an excuse to try something sweet).
I wanted to try this on my husband’s birthday, but I made this two days before his birthday. He too loves this a lot and this sweet is the first choice when he wants to buy sweets for his friend because of its amazing flavors. It was a big surprise for him, when I showed him the prepared sweet. He never expected me to make this as I used to say that to make this is a big process. But this is not at all difficult. I made this in microwave. You can also make this on stove top.
I googled and got so many versions of this turkish delight and I ended up with this. This is an amazing dessert to gift someone and will be loved by all.




Ingredients:
  1. Water- 3 Cups
  2. Sugar- 2 Cups
  3. Icing Sugar- 1 ¼ Cup
  4. Corn Flour- ⅔ Cup
  5. Gelatine- 4 Tbsp
  6. Cream of Tartar- ¼ tsp
  7. Red Food Colour- few drops
  8. Rose Water- ½ tsp
Method:
  1. Take a deep microwave safe bowl and pour water along with 2 cups of sugar and gelatine. Stir and microwave for about 7 minutes on high.
  2. Take it out and mix well. Return to microwave and heat for another 7 minutes on high.
  3. In this add the Icing sugar, corn flour and cream of tartar. Mix and again microwave for 6 more minutes.
  4. Take it out and add the red food colour and rose water. Mix well. Pour this mixture in a greased tray and let it cool.
  5. When it is cooled completely, refrigerate this for 4- 5 hours or overnight.
  6. Take it out and cut into squares and dip them in icing sugar and arrange in a bowl as you wish.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian portobello 'Babi Pangang' Recipe

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar Recipe

Mango salad and red snapper