Black Grapes Jam


Cooking from the fresh and seasonal ingredients have it's own charm. Markets gets flooded with the seasonal bounties, fresh from the farms and I cannot resist myself from buying large quantities.  This is what happened on my last trip to the vegetable store and my refrigerator was full of grapes, both black and green. Bowls and bowls full were eaten as is and I also decided to preserve some in the form of this Grapes jam. Although me and my hubby are not a big fan of Jams, my son love his toast slathered with jam. So I always make sure, I make some for him to enjoy. This jam is quite easy to make and with just 3 ingredients and a little bit of muscle work, you can make your own black grapes jam and can refrigerate it for 2-3 months. Here is the recipe.


All you need is

Black grapes - 1 and 1\2 kg ( I used seedless grapes )
Sugar - 1 and 1\2 cup
Lemon juice - 2 tsp


Method of preparation

Wash the grapes very nicely in warm water to get rid of all the impurities.
Put the grapes in a pan.
Add 1 cup of water and sugar and let it cook for 10-12 minutes, till the grapes are soft and tender.
Remove from heat and let cool.
Mash the grapes with a potato masher.
Pass them through a soup strainer and try to extract as much pulp as you can.
Transfer the mixture in a pan and add lemon juice.
Cook till it comes to a boil.
Simmer the heat and cook for another 35-45 minutes, till jam thickens.
Note that jam will keep thickening a bit after you have removed it from heat and if you will over cook it, it will become hard.
Remove the jam from heat.
Let it cool completely.
Transfer it in a sterilized glass jar.
Refrigerate it for up to 2 months.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian portobello 'Babi Pangang' Recipe

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar Recipe

Pani Puri with Homemade Puris