Butter and Garlic Naan


Naan... I love this bread with any kind of Indian curries. It is usually my bread of choice when visiting an Indian restaurant. It was one of the first things that I learned to cook in my kitchen and with time and making it again and again, I have finally got a fool recipe that works for me every single time. I made naan in an electric oven, I made it in a pressure cooker too. But after making it on a griddle which is turned upside down, no other method charms me anymore. I have found my trick. My naan now comes out wonderfully soft and chewy with the most perfect brown spots on the surface. I have already shared the recipe and trick to make plain naan sometime back, but this time I made butter and garlic naan and thought to share it as well. Here it is.


All you need is

Maida \ All purpose flour - 4 cups
Baking soda - 1\2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1\2 tsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Yogurt - 1\4 cup
Milk to knead the dough
Oil - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 3 tbsp ( finely chopped )
Butter  - 2 tbsp ( melted )



Method of preparation

Mix maida, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and yogurt in a bowl.
Add milk and knead a soft dough.
Oil a bowl and transfer the dough in the oiled bowl.
Cover the bowl and keep in a warm place for 1 hour.
Heat a griddle ( tava ).
Make small balls of the dough.
Sprinkle a tsp of chopped garlic on the platform.
Dust and roll the dough ball over the garlic to make thin naan.
Apply water on the top surface of the naan.
Keep the naan on the griddle with garlic side up.
The naan will stick to the griddle because of water applied.
Now turn the griddle upside down over the high flame.
Cook till brown spots appear on the naan.
Turn the griddle and cook the naan for 20-30 seconds.
Remove using a tong.
Apply butter generously on the Naan.
Serve hot.
You can make these naans and store in a hot box a few hours prior to eating.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian portobello 'Babi Pangang' Recipe

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar Recipe

Pani Puri with Homemade Puris