Peanut Brittle/ Chikki/ Kadala Muttai


Whenever I go to buy groceries, I would always sneek into the eatery section (ie. if my husband is not watching :-) and would grab these peanut chikkis. If I think about the calories, I would never have these and my husband doesn’t allow me to eat it either, especially after my C-section. But I just couldn’t resist the taste and flavor.



These brittles can be made using jaggery as well as sugar. I like it either way. Whole peanuts and ground peanuts are used to make these brittles. In my childhood, when my Mom used to prepared these, I would grab some 4-5 “slabs” at a time. She used to make it with jaggery.


Once when I was googling around Ria’s blog, I came across this brittle and fell in love with these.So when this time my mom was around, I bought a packet of peanuts and we tried this ground peanut chikki using sugar and trust me, it vanished in 2-3 days !!
Adapted from here
Ingredients:
  1. Peanuts- 2 cups
  2. Sugar- 1 Cup
Method:

  1. Melt the sugar in a non stick pan without adding water till it dissolves completely. When it turns dark brown in colour and then switch off the flame.
  2. Meanwhile coarsely ground the peanuts using a rolling pin. Add these ground peanuts and mix quickly in the above caramel mixture. Spread this using the back of a spoon over a greased plate and cut with a sharp knife in desired shape.
  3. When it is cool completely, cut into pieces.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian portobello 'Babi Pangang' Recipe

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar Recipe

Pani Puri with Homemade Puris