Scallop, mousseline, jus de veau


Making this dish I remembered my lovely wife putting food on the table, muttering "Enjoy it, this will be the last day in my life I will cook!'. We did not believe her, but the next day the kids and I learned she was dead serious. I had to gather recipes and shop and start cooking the rest of my life. At one point I kindly asked here where I could find veal stock in the larder. Her answer: "If you did not make it yesterday there isn't any!'. Right. Years later, earlier this week, she surprised me by ordering fantastic veal stock, or Jus de Veau, from www.joostenpaul.nl. I decided to use this excellent product for the firs time with scallops.

First I made the mash and by adding lots of butter and milk turned it into a smoot mousseline. Then I cut a piece of leek into small strips and sweated them in butter. The Jus de Veau was easy as I only had to warm it up.

Then fried some good Serano ham in a dry pan, then using the same pan to fry the scallops.

Heaven!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crispy braised Iberico pork collar Recipe

Mango salad and red snapper

Vegetarian portobello 'Babi Pangang' Recipe